||[Thursday, May 31st, 2012, 11:09 am]
It's been a while since I updated! Days have been full of stuff. Life is too interesting to write about from memory. Some things off the top of my head:|
- taking Greg to baby yoga
- taking Joe and Greg to slackline with Pete and Geoff in the park
- watching a cheesy movie with Tina at an indie cinema in the West End that I had no idea existed
- sharing a perfect trifle at a dessert restaurant in Kits with Joe, after a romantic day together
- Joe picking me up for our date night after work, and entertaining my impulsive desire to ride the bike out to Kits and sit by the water, and then going to the neighbourhood pub where all the UBC students hang out, and sitting on the couch and talking late into the night. Riding into the late afternoon sun as we head west down Broadway.
- Going to the Mine Museum at Britannia Beach and taking a train into the old mine and watching our tour guide demo the fearsomely loud old drills and other mine equipment.
- Going to the Revelry party and snuggling with Joe in the backstage play space and realising that I knew half the people there. Watching Ryan doing suspension bondage, bumping into someone from the poetry slam, Pete telling me about hooking his friend up with someone, who turns out to be a friend of mine... feeling safe and happy and connected.
- Going to Wreck Beach for the first time, lying in the sun, reading The Princess Bride with Joe
- Riding the motorcycle on a sunny day, holding my sweetheart close and talking about houses and trees and the other minutiae of living, together
- Taking Joe to a cartoonist convention and watching him be really pleased and interested in everything
- Hanging out with Joe's parents after a delicious dinner and cake that I baked, watching Greg run around and do ridiculous things
Still laid up with the sprained ankle, but I'm able to walk now, although it still hurts.
I'm thinking about law school. Registered for the LSAT, at least. But it's a lot of money and 4 years before anything approaching stability.